War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

You thought you got away ...

I won't lie. Most of the time, I don't catch Peyton before he gets into something. This kid must train at night to become a ninja. He will sneak into whatever you don't want him to be in and quiet as a church mouse, he will take, damage or demolish something. You never see him fleeing from the crime scene, but occasionally, I have caught him on his way there and he will stop, not move and not say a word. It's like he thinks that I am part T-Rex and I can't see him if he doesn't move a muscle. I really should get him into swimming because of how long he can hold his breath.

A couple of days ago, I actually caught him!! I caught him BEFORE disaster struck. He was running from the kitchen with a bottle of chocolate syrup and a bottle of caramel syrup. He was running like a champ, bobbing and weaving around stuff with a bottle tucked under each arm like he was a pro football player going for a touchdown. 

He hightailed it to his room and by the time I got in there, the bottles were gone. But I know his hiding spot. Under his pillow. Sure enough, when I picked his pillow up, there was his stash.

For once, crisis was averted and mom saved the day. But that isn't saying anything about what he might pull tomorrow.

By the way, please don't ask me why he decided to take these two things. If I knew, that would be part of the battle of understanding our little monster and maybe I could fix him. I need a Peyton Whisperer.

No comments:

Post a Comment