War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome To My Blog!

I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons. One was so that others could realize what children are capable of. Another so that I could write this stuff down and then be able to go back and read it - this way I'm not going through my day thinking that it was just a bad nightmare. No. This is real life.


Maybe some people will shake their heads and wonder if my children and I have a chemical imbalance. That's fine. Wonder. I wish I could say that all of this stuff wasn't true. But I can't. These are the real-life horror stories from a stay at home mom.


I have been a stay at home mom off and on for about 8 years - raising 2 boys - Cale, 8 years old and Peyton, 4 years old. At one time I had a job. And a life outside of the home, but no more. I don't know if I could even fit in with other people out there now. Like a lot of parents, I don't have my own stories anymore. All of my stories and experiences come from raising my two beautiful - and sometimes terrifiying - boys. I can't start a sentence with, "Last night was the craziest night at the club ..." No, all of my stories start with, "You won't believe what he did now."


I don't mean to scare parents-to-be or people without kids. But maybe I can give you a little heads up as to what you are getting yourself into. Because I sure as hell didn't know. People always say what a blessing children are - and this is completely true. They are a blessing and I love them with everything I have. But there are times when I wonder what in the world is wrong with them or what did I do to deserve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment