War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If I can't get it off ... how did you get it on?!?



This is parent-problem-solving 101. Peyton somehow jammed this bucket on his head and couldn't get it off. 2 year olds are awesome.

What would you do? You can't pull it off. It's a really thick cardboard, so it won't tear. Scissors are too risky because of how tight it was on his head. Butter? No. Lotion? Negative.

This isn't a simple - getting cereal stuck up his nose - that's easy - crush and blow. Crush and blow!! Or even as easy as a little lego stuck in the nose. This one actually had me stumped for a few minutes. Then, as they say in Despicable Me, LIGHTBULB!

How did I get it off? I plopped his little tush in the shower. Sounds weird, but the water weakened the cardboard enough that I could tear it off.

My only question is, how did he get from playing with the toys inside the bucket to sticking his head in it. What was that train of thought?

"Hey, this looks big enough for my head, lets try it out".

Children are mysterious and weird little creatures that we have to train to act like normal people. I'm beginning to think that I'm losing the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment