War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Letting it slip ...

Siblings can be bothersome. Especially when the sibling is younger than you. In case you didn't know, when there is a new baby in the family, they are given a mission before they leave the hospital. Someone comes in, speaks baby to them and tells them the optional mission. That mission is to annoy the living daylights out of their older brother or sister. To push them to the extreme. Some younger siblings don't take this task, but the majority of them do.


Peyton, has followed through on his task every single day. I really don't blame Cale for losing it sometimes. But the time I'm going to tell you about was a little much.


I was telling the boys that they needed to hurry so that we could get going to the store. If you don't have boys, let me tell you - they take just as long to get ready as girls, but not for the same reason like finding the right outfit. Boys take longer because they get distracted. By anything - carpet, the wall, a weird hair on their arms ... anything.


Eric and I had been waiting for almost 15 minutes for them to finish getting dressed and I called to them that they needed to speed the process up.


Cale comes barrelling out of their room practically yelling at me, "It's not me! He's the one in there dicking around!" Peyton had been putting on shorts. Then playing. Throwing stuff at Cale. Putting on his shirt halfway, then playing.


I must have looked at him like he was crazy, because he just stared back at me and asked me what was wrong. We have been through all of the "naughty" words with him, about how they were inappropriate for him to say. It never occurred to me to tell him not to say that word, mostly because I don't know that my husband and I have ever said it.


I was completely shocked and I didn't know what to say at first. It just goes to show that no matter what you teach your kids, they will pick up bad words and habits from kids at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment