War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

There go the peanut butter balls I was going to make

Day before yesterday, I was a little off my parenting game. I have an angry tooth that inhibited me from basically functioning - the tooth was shooting pain up into my ear and down into my throat. So ... of course, Peyton sensed this and took complete advantage of it.

I had taken some Tylenol to hopefully knock the pain out and I was sitting in the living room with my eyes closed, hoping that it would just go away. Peyton walks in and asks if he can have some yogurt. I told him yes and he went into the kitchen to get it.

I stayed on that chair for 2 more hours, just listening to Peyton play and spout his constant chatter when Eric wakes up and walks into the kitchen to get something to drink.

He asks if I knew that Peyton had been in one of the drawers in the kitchen ... um ... I was in so much pain, I'm lucky I knew who he was talking about. I told him no and he said that there was an empty bag of almond bark. Oh great. For those of you who don't know what almond bark is ... it's chocolate used as a coating for cookies, candies, all sorts of stuff. It comes in a package with 12, 2oz cubes. I had 9 cubes in a bag. HAD.

Eric walks into Peyton's room and looks under Peyton's pillow (Peyton's favorite hiding spot that he thinks no one knows about). There was a half of a square left.

How in the world could he eat that much chocolate and not be in worse shape than I was that day?

He was fine - no belly ache, amazingly. When asked why he snuck it into his room?

"I was hungry, daddy. I still love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment