War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Friday, February 4, 2011

I am doing my job!

I expect to hear certain things from my kids when they get older. They will know that I'm not as cool as they thought I was when they were younger and I'm sure they will feel free to tell me that. They will tell me that I'm not fair and I don't know anything - which I wouldn't be able to deny even right now.

Given everything that Peyton has done and said so far, I never expected this. I told him that he needed to go clean his room. Not an uncommon request - this is something that we do all the time - and usually it takes HOURS.

His response was to yell at me, "YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!"

He's 4 years old. You know what this means? It means that I'm doing my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment