War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Monday, February 14, 2011

This is not what it was intended for!

Sometimes I wonder if Cale might be my sister's child. They are alike in temperament, looks, everything. One thing that he gets from my little sister is the time that he spends in the shower. He's 8 years old. It shouldn't take 20 minutes in the shower to clean that little body and wash his short hair, but it does.

A couple of months ago, he was taking a leisurely shower - again - but this time it had been 30 minutes. I go in there to check on him and he says that everything is fine and he is getting out. He gets out of the shower and he passes the hair sniff-test (yes, this is necessary because sometimes I guess the shampoo puts up a fight and doesn't want to be used). He gets ready for bed and goes right to sleep without argument. I should have realized then that something was up.

The next day I go into the bathroom to take the dirty towels and put up new ones and when I was closing the shower curtain I noticed something white in the drain. I reach down to pull it out and I find that Cale has made what I'm assuming is a poor man's cement. He had taken toilet paper and plugged the drain. Then when it dried, it made a nice little stopper.

It takes me a couple of minutes to get this chiseled out of the drain and I go to shut the shower curtain. That is when I notice nice little mountains all over the shower walls. Apparently, he had spent his shower time trying to make a scale model of the Alps on the bathroom walls. There were probably 30 perfectly made little mountains dotting the bathroom countryside. Needless to say, I left those for him to clean up.

My questions are, if he had stayed in there longer, would he have had time to make a ski lift and maybe a lodge? Where in the world did he come up with this? I guess the more important thing is that I hope he is just a natural at toilet paper sculpting in the shower and he didn't dabble with it in the toilet until he realized that the whirlpool effect on the mountains didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment