War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bubba wouldn't do that. Would he?

***Warning this blog entry contains poo talk***


June 2010.


Potty training had gone well with our first child. Too well, we came to find out, because we had the same high expectations with our 2nd one. With the eldest, man it was within 2 months and we didn't have to worry about accidents during the day or at night. Then it was time to potty train the 2nd one. Yeah.


We started training him at the age of two. A year and a half later, it was still not going very well. I was starting to get worried about something being wrong with him -which there wasn't. But imagine trying to potty train for that long. It was pretty taxing on the little guy and me.


He was wearing big boy undies - we never did the pull ups, I think it's confusing to the child, but then again, what do I know, I couldn't get our second one to poo in the toilet.


We had gone almost 4 weeks with no poo accidents this last June when one day, I smell it. I hunted the little ninja pooper down and asked him if he had gone in his pants. He looked at me and as serious as he could be, he said, "No, bubba (his big brother) pooped in my pants."


Hmm ... what do I say to that? Had his big brother actually pulled off his underwear, pooped in them and then put them back on the little one? I don't think so. But the little one got points for creativity. Of course, I didn't give him the kudos for a great idea out loud. Especially when I had to spend time hunting down the squeegee to get him cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment