War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What IS in brown sugar?!?

Cale had headed off to school and I was making Peyton some breakfast. It was one of those cold days we get maybe twice a year, so I thought that oatmeal would be a fitting breakfast. Peyton was excited and he went and grabbed his stool so that he could watch me mix in the sugar and milk.


When he ran off to get the stool I asked him if he wanted brown sugar in it this time. He yelled back yes and I grabbed it out of the cabinet and started spooning some in just as he came into the kitchen with his stool.


He latched onto the sink and hopped up onto the stool and looked into his bowl. He asked what the brown sugar was and I said it was sugar and molases mixed together.


Then he looked back down at his bowl and said, "Why did you put poop in my oatmeal?!? There's poop in my oatmeal!"


This happened a couple of weeks ago and now I can't put brown sugar in MY oatmeal because of what it makes me think of. Thanks, Peyton.

No comments:

Post a Comment