War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh really ...

Most of my stories revolve around asking the kids to clean their room ... in case you are wondering, it is in constant disarray. I have always asked them to pick up each toy after they are done playing with it. They take this as some kind of insult to their little dignity, lock arms with each other and stand together against their horrible mom that is trying to ruin their lives. It would really take 1/100th of the time that they actually spend cleaning, but hey, what do I know?!?


Peyton had been lying down because he didn't want to clean his room. He came out of the room and said that he wanted to play with me. I told him that we would definitely play together once he finished cleaning up the Lego massacre in his bedroom.


This little turkey, put his hands on his hips and then looked at me. Then he held up his chubby little left hand and spread his fingers. He held out his right pointer finger and this is what it was like.


Peyton said (as he pointed to his pinky), "I don't want to lay down."


He pointed at the next finger, "I don't want to eat."


Yet another finger, "I don't want to play with you."


And his thumb, "And I DON'T want to clean my room."


Then he stomped off down the hall, yelled that he was going to slam his door and promptly did so. 


I was laughing pretty hard at this point for a few reasons. One was the little list he decided to spout off to me and  I was also laughing because he probably thought he could get out of cleaning just because he was adamant that he didn't want to. Don't think so, cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment