War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Monday, March 7, 2011

What is that flying at me?!?

Yesterday I had taken a moment to write my blog. I wrote about something 3 months ago because Peyton had actually been pretty good lately. Saying that your kids have been good is like saying you haven't had any car problems lately. The moment those words come out of your mouth, Fate takes offence and decides to throw you a curve ball. Or in my case, a "frisbee".

So, back to my story. The boys were playing together in their room and I decided to steal a couple of minutes for myself and write a new entry on my blog yesterday. I sit down, finish writing it then I'm doing my spell check and I am about to hit 'publish post' when Peyton comes running into the living room.

Peyton was running like he was going to win a gold medal at the Olympics. On his way to me, he cocks his arm back and starts yelling, "I FOUND A FRISBEE!!!". The thing is, we don't have a frisbee in the house. My first thought is, what in name of everything holy, does he have?!?

Right as he said this, I look over just in enough time to see a shiny disk flying at my face. Survival instinct kicked in and I reached over and grabbed a pillow that was sitting on our armchair. I shoved the pillow in front of my face just as something hit it. Hard.

I was almost too terrified to pull the pillow down. I didn't know if I was in an innocent bystander or if he had decided to get me back for forgetting to get bananas at the store. I finally peeked around the pillow just to find him grinning at me.

What was his weapon? It was a sign that had previously been hanging above his bunkbed but had fallen when he and Cale were throwing stuffed animals at each other. I'm really lucky that I had left that pillow in the chair. If not, I would have ended up with a Ford emblem on my forehead.

Having a kid who tries to make you one with a metal sign is great.



Here's a pic of the projectile.

No comments:

Post a Comment