War stories?!?

My father once said, parents have war stories and people without children have theories. This could not be more true.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A new way to slim down

I never thought that children would have body image problems. It's kind of shocking to find out that our 4 year-old obviously does. Being honest, he is a little chunky for his age. Okay, fine. He's really chunky for his age. I thought self-esteem might be something that he was worried about when he got older, but not before he even started school.


A couple of weeks ago, I had taken a moment for myself (gasp, I know!) and decided to check out my facebook page. Peyton was playing quietly in his room. I had been on less than 5 minutes when he started yelling for help. His exact words were actually for help because he was stuck. Believe me, we have Peyton-Proofed their room because of situations like this that might occur. There was nothing he could be stuck in.


I walk into this child's room and what do I find? He has decided to make a homemade girdle. With medical tape. What he looked like still amazes me and it probably will for years to come.


He had somehow wrapped the tape all around his stomach, going from the top of his underwear all the way up to his little man boobs. Not so bad, right? While he was doing this though, he also wrapped himself to their bunk bed. He was one with the bunk bed. He looked like he was being sacrificed by the natives and it was just a matter of time before they were rotating him over a fire.


It took me a few minutes to process what it was that was actually going on. Finally, I went over and slowly unwrapped my little mummy. Let me tell you, we buy the good stuff. This tape was so sticky that it left little red marks going around his body with bunches of the sticky stuff left behind. It took a couple of days to get all of the sticky stuff off, he had a nice collection of crumbs stuck to it till we could chisel it all of.

No comments:

Post a Comment